Why You Should Choose A Standing Desk
Standing desks are the future of office furniture in NZ and all over the world. The average person currently spends 12 hours a day sitting down, so what would happen if you took away their office chairs and replaced their workstation with a standing desk?
At Hurdleys Office Furniture, we offer a range of different desks, including both standing and adjustable. Read More
Standing desks have a range of different benefits as opposed to seated desks. Whether it’s health benefits, or simply a mood improver, standing desks are becoming more and more popular.
Stand up desks are great for your body. Not only does it improve your posture and prevent back pain, but when you’re standing up, your body moves more naturally. This could mean stretching, walking around, or even just stepping. It allows better blood circulation around the body and to the brain, stimulating new thoughts while improving your mood and productivity.
They can improve focus and work ethic among your team. When they increase energy levels, you are less likely to experience the ‘3 o’clock slump’, where productivity is most likely to drop. Your team are more willing to communicate properly between them as it is easier for them to move around the workplace.
Standing desks are even proven to help burn calories and lose weight. Studies have shown that standing for 3 hours a day can help you lose 3.6kg of fat and burn 30,000 calories over the course of a year. Swapping to a standing desk would therefore reduce obesity as well as improve metabolism.
Standing also comes with more movements such as fidgeting, shivering, and gesturing, as well as making you more likely to walk over to deliver a message in person rather than through an email.
Of course, you don’t have to spend the whole day standing as it can sometimes take a toll on your feet; our standing desks are adjustable and can be easily lowered so you can sit if you need to.
How To Get Maximum Comfort Out Of A Sit Stand Desk
It’s not as simple as just buying a desk and expecting standing up to fix all your problems, you need a good workstation design and set-up too. You’ll need to think about:
- Desk height – Having the desk at the wrong height can mean you are bending over to reach the things on your desk, which takes a toll on your back and posture. Your desk should be at elbow height, allowing your elbows to be at a 90° angle to the floor.
- Computer set up – Your monitor should be at eye level and at least an arm’s length away from you. Make sure that your keyboard is easy to reach, keeping your wrists straight and your hands slightly below the elbow.
- Lighting – Natural light may provide adequate lighting to be able to see, it will make a difference to the contrast of your screen. Investing in other light sources, such as a desk lamp, can mean less strain on the eyes.
- Accessories – Now that standing desks are becoming more popular, more accessories are available to ensure maximum comfort, such as anti-fatigue mats and foot rests. They help to cushion your feet while standing, and to relieve any aches. They will also reduce the impact that standing has on your knees, hips, back, and feet.
Buy Standing Desk from Hurdleys With Confidence With First-Class Customer Service
If you are getting close to making a decision about the upgrade to your office, a modern office standing desks are going to be the enhancement that turns heads and makes employees feel valued. Any new office furniture puts smiles on faces but standing desks bring on a huge grin. It shows your staff that you are considering their welfare in the workplace and going the extra mile to ensure they are comfortable in the office.
It’s likely that an office upgrade such as these adjustable desks is not an isolated purchase and is probably part of a wider office fit-out. We would recommend that you give us a call to discuss your needs and aspirations. You may find that there are some hidden cost benefits on some ranges of furniture particularly if you are considering several pieces. Give the team a call, you’ll find them friendly courteous and very helpful.
Customer service is something we take very seriously here at Hurdleys. An office furniture company that does not look after their clients will lose them eventually and we want to keep our relationships with our customers. In our testimonial section, you will find many comments about our business and how we look after our customers. No matter how large or small the order may be, we understand that you have a choice and we want you to keep choosing Hurdleys.
There are a number of areas of customer service in which we excel and they are;
- Support and Advice. When you telephone our sales team, you’ll get a knowledgeable, friendly and helpful approach from somebody, who knows all our merchandise and can guide you on sizes, assembly and special offers.
- Delivery. Once ordered, anything that does not require assembly will be leaving our warehouse the next day and could be with you in three if you’re in a major city.
- Fulfilment. If your office furniture needs to be assembled and stand up desks do, then we’ll send the furniture with our assembly team. These guys are skilled and will not only position your furniture for you but also tidy up afterwards.
- Pricing. You’ll always find Hurdleys to be competitively priced. We are very conscious of our customer’s budgets and target the best quality of furniture available to stay within the available budget. This is one of the reasons why speaking to one of the sales team at an early stage is essential.
- Quality. Hurdleys will never knowingly offer anything but quality, well-priced furniture. To the team here, quality is just not an area of compromise.
If you are still researching standing desk in Auckland, we’re sure that Hurdleys can supply to your full expectation. Let our team take care of each element from finding the right design and style, right through to assembly, fitting and setting your office up. We can stay within your budget and arrange a payment program if you feel you need one. One thing is sure, in a year’s time you’ll either be very happy you chose Hurdleys or very sad you didn’t.
Where Can I Get An Adjustable Standing Desk?
You can buy our standing workstations online for delivery in NZ or call us on 09 522 2090. You can even have a look at how they work and try them out in our showroom at 1 Clayton Street, Newmarket.
Hurdleys Office Furniture supplies office furniture brands all over New Zealand. We can help you with your office fitouts and find office chairs for your location. Browse our website further or contact us for more information. Read Less