Standing Desks in Wellington
Buy Standing Desks for Your Wellington Office
Here at Hurdley’s Office Furniture, we understand the importance of providing great quality products and that includes our standing desks. Whether you’re working in an office or working from home, investing in a standing desk in Wellington offers a great number of benefits. If you feel that you could benefit from a standing desk in your Wellington office, you’ll find exactly what you need at Hurdley’s. Read More
We make it easy to buy a standing desk in Wellington. Simply find what you need in our online store, and we’ll ship it directly to you free of charge. And if you choose a desk that requires some assembly before you can use it, we can arrange to assemble it for you too.
Why Standing Desks are So Popular in Wellington?
If we tell you that the average person spends around 12 hours sitting and that all this sitting is affecting our health, you can understand why standing desks in Wellington are becoming so popular. And if you’re concerned that replacing a traditional desk with a standing version will mean that you must stand up all day, don’t worry. Most of our standing desks are adjustable, so you can use it as a traditional seated desk and then raise it for periods of standing.
When you work at a standing desk you’ll experience several benefits, including:
- Improvement in your posture and metabolism. Our bodies are designed to move rather than spend hours seated
- An increase in movement; you’ll find that you naturally move more and walk around
- Better blood circulation which, in turn, will keep you more alert, improve your mood and potentially increase your output and productivity
- An increase in energy, so you are less likely to experience the mid-afternoon slump
- Increased communication. It’s somehow easier to move around the workplace when you’re already standing.
How to Work Comfortably with a Standing Desk in Wellington
Just as you need to find the optimum ergonomic position for working comfortably at a seated desk, you need to do the same with a standing desk. You’ll need to consider:
- The height of the desk. You don’t want to have to constantly bend to reach things on your desk. Position the top of the desk so it is at elbow height with your elbows at a 90o angle to the floor.
- The setup of your computer. The monitor should be positioned at eye level and be at least an arm’s length away from you. Your keyboard should be easy to reach, and you should keep your hands slightly lower than your elbows. Wrists should be kept straight. To better enhance your monitor setup, we would recommend monitor arms or monitor stand.
- Consider accessories. To ensure maximum comfort, consider investing in an anti-fatigue mat when using a standing desk. It will provide cushioning for your feet and help to relieve aches while reducing the impact that standing has on your feet, knees, hips and back.
We always recommend that you get used to using a standing desk by using it for an hour or two to start with and then building up your standing time.
Order Your Standing Desk in Wellington Today
If you need any further information about our standing desks, simply get in touch with our friendly customer service team. If you already know exactly what you want, simply order your standing desk online in Wellington for you office or home. Read Less